Saturday, April 30, 2011

I am officially a DR now

Jus back home from a celebration. Completed my oral defense this afternoon, and the panel examiners came out congratulating me. I'm officially a DR now. Received lotsa congratulation smses and calls too, thank guys! =) I am really happy. For the past 4-5 years, i had been waking up every single morning... thinking if i had anymore conf/journal to be submitted and published, wondering if i cld graduate, etc. It was a long tiring and stressful process. Was chatting with some of my juniors in the lab today, and they were still very stressful. One of them was telling me he still has no publication till now after starting his 4th years here... he looked so worried. Sigh... i can imagine tat awful feeling... it sucks.

Prof Yow was asking me to write another journal to be published with him. I will have to get started soon. He also wanna intro a friend to me next week, who is looking for a phd grad to work for him to do some iphone ads. He's willing to pay gd salary, but the job may require me to station in Beijing sometimes. Hmm... to me its not all abt the salary... but i can't really work oversea due to family commitment. Dad cannot really travel nowadays. So lets see how it goes.

Ok so wats coming up tomorrow? Friends are throwing a celebration party for me tomorrow!!! I also need to spare some time for running, gym, cycling, swim, etc. Moreover, i gotta spend some time with my wife (piano) this weekend, rehearsal starts next week.
 
Copyright © 2018 http://jimaddlee.blogspot.com. All rights reserved.