Sunday, August 10, 2008

Naive dreams

Last night i mean late night, i received two calls. One from Chris sayin' "I miss ya" from everyone (Sharon, Xue, Dan, Ben, Jas, Zhangli, ...) there at the party. I'm so touched by these people who are always so nice to me no matter wat happened. I received another call fr Mark, my buddy from the flyin' school. It had been ages since he last called me on the phone. He's an American workin' in Hongkong now.

I find it really bizarre lotsa Americans, examples Mark (in HK), Jesse (in Tokyo), Matt (in Sydney), Cat (in Sydney), Chris (in Singapore), June (leavin' soon) etc. are gettin' out of America to find their greener pastures while many Asians are ravin' about goin' to, or livin' n workin' in America. I find it rather naive when i keep hearin' people tellin' me how everyone says there are so much opportunities, freedom and fun in America, while I remember the two Americans Jesse and Matt assertin' Australia as their dreamland. I personally believe tat ya can succeed anywhere ya are if ya are gd. I've been to America several times, and i don't dislike it there, but i definitely not ravin' over it. I remember i was kinda bewildered when i was watchin' the news there, ...there were some psycho-rapists loose in southern California, some idiots drove into a crowd and killed 2 people, police officers were shot, and i could go on n on. These news are so typical there. I remember an American friend tellin' me tat in 2004 alone in only the city of LA, there was above 500 murders and over 40,000 violent crimes reported... and tats jus in one city. I suppose it all depends on wat type of person ya are. If ya want a life where its easy to get lost in the crowd and the hustle and bustle of everyday, then this is your kind of place. A place where almost everythin' is acceptable and yes maybe tats the freedom ya want, a place where freedom means free to behave, a place where ya are not free to park in front of your house without payin', a place where the police impound your car and haf ya arrested for somethin' ya didn't do and they know ya didn't do it, a place where many kids are livin' in a dysfunctional family (e.g. 2 mothers and fathers), a place where people like to curse and swear everywhere they go.

This is wat women wear to work in restaurant, e.g. in California. However, many gals might dress like this for their normal clothes though (June i swear i'm not referrin' to ya) :P.


People like this are not hard to find too. Rather cool huh??
 
Copyright © 2018 http://jimaddlee.blogspot.com. All rights reserved.