Monday, March 17, 2008

Bangkok trip

My bangkok trip was magnificent. I jus luv this place so much, the non-stressful environment, the affable people, the foods...etc.!! Bought a couple of shirts tat i really like...and the prices were jus amazingly cheap...not more than S$16 for each.
Chongyan is a buddhist and taught me how to pray to the 4-face buddha.

We also went to the Chinatown district which is one of the oldest areas of bangkok as chinese merchants were originally moved to this area in the early 1780s when bangkok was founded.


I had the shark's fins and birds' nesks which mum recommended me to try...anyway i didn't quite like it.

and we went to the backpacker street i think at Kao San.

Chatuchak weekend market is the largest market in Thailand and largest of the world. It is pretty much the undisputed king of all markets.

The grand palace is a complex of buildings which served as the official residence of the king of Thailand fr 18th-20th century. However i wasn't allow to go in as my outfit was too informal as shown below. :P


We went Route 66 almost every nite...i luv the hip hip n R&B as Chongyan claimed tat yeah we are always the best rappers in town...oh yeah baby!!

Our two lovely thai friends in Bangkok. They work in Singapore. They r really really nice people n took care of us there so we wun get cheated by the locals, e.g. they checked on our bills after our meals.


Jaslin asked me to help her get the shrimp chips with pork floss and i found it in Chinatown. I couldn't get any 6-mth old baby dress for Ade as i couldn't see much around, and those tat i saw were either too ex (over S$30) or made with materials/fabrics tat i didn't like. I also got a souvenir for Xian.
 
Copyright © 2018 http://jimaddlee.blogspot.com. All rights reserved.